- If we’ve spoken about it recently, I’ve probably used the phrase “it’s growing on me!” like LA was some sort of cancer. What I meant was, “I’m getting used to it!”
- The couple in front of me at the grocery today forgot their Ralph’s card. I lent them mine.
- I’ve driven the PCH and the 5 and the 101 and all those other numbered streets.
- I am now familiar with more than one neighborhood bar (sorry Mom).
- I’m still not buying into this whole avocado thing people are on about.
- I’m realizing that this will be my first fall not on the east coast. Fall is likely my favorite season, and I’m not going to be there when the leaves turn, the air becomes brisk, and everyone starts wearing jackets again. I can pick a Halloween costume that doesn’t need to keep me warm when I walk home. My birthday will be celebrated in Pacific Standard Time. Football will be on in the mornings. I’m realizing I’m going to miss a lot of things. “Miss” as in VERB: fail to attend; be absent from and also “miss” as in VERB: to yearn for; to ache for; to pine for. Hm.
- I need to buy a new bathing suit.
September 1, 2012
I Have Lived in Los Angeles Twenty Weeks Today